nCoV Case Studies with Lessons Learned During SARS, H5N1 & H1N1
Recorded: February 11, 2020
- Update & Overview on nCoV
- Scenario #1: Employee returns from a business trip in China
- How do you handle return to work
- Where do you get information
- Do travel restrictions help control the spread of infection
- Scenario #2: Local transmission of nCoV has occurred in your community
- How do you set up staff screening
- What HR policies do I need to support staff
- How do we prevent transmission in our workplace and keep our staff healthy
- Q & A
- Get Ready Infectious Disease Outbreak Toolkit
Dr. Michael Christian
MD, MSc (Public Health), FRCPC, Medical Advisor
Get Ready Inc.
Senior healthcare sector leader with over 30 years of experience (civilian & military)
Specialist in Critical Care Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Public Health, Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Management.
Advised 20+ governmental organizations in Canada & Internationally as well as having led 4 International Guidelines for the Response to Disasters & Pandemics.
Named in top 3 most influential authors internationally in disaster medicine for his research & publications.
Worked on front lines and leadership roles during responses to Ebola, H1N1 & SARS outbreaks
Played a leadership role in restructuring of Public Health System in Ontario following SARS and Served as an Executive Member on the Founding Board of Public Health Ontario (formerly Ontario Agency for Health Protection & Promotion Health)
Get Ready Inc.
Scott is the President and co-founder of Get Ready Inc.
Scott’s strong belief is to separate policies from procedures and truly “operationalize” these often complex, policy-based programs into response-ready capabilities.
He has over twelve years experience in EMS from his early years as a paramedic where he worked in Alberta, Los Angeles, Toronto and for eight years as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic on the Bandage One helicopter based in Toronto.
Since that time Scott has founded companies that focused on first aid training, emergency Management, BCP and Pandemic planning.
Scott developed pandemic plans for many Fortune 500 clients, professional services firms and medium size companies.
Get Ready provides custom cloud-based tools so organizations can easily access their information on desktop or mobile devices; this instant access and dashboard situational awareness has been an industry game changer.